In the spirit of the Holiday Season, and after hearing Christmas songs everywhere I go , I got inspired to post a few of my favorite things from this year’s Art Basel in Miami, FL. The lines to get into the indoors exhibits were ridiculously long. That, combined with the heat, made me not want to wait in line, but I was quite happy with the street art in the Wynwood District and with some of the artwork I managed to see in a couple of galleries. In the end I didn’t feel so bad for not waiting (and paying a pretty hefty fee to get in). Maybe in 2014…
1) My photos don’t do this mural justice. By _Faith47. The gold paint really glows and looks beautiful when the sun hits it.
2) I was very excited to see the work of Brazilian artist Alex Senna all over Miami.
3) Great neon look on this one.
4) I love birds, so it’s no surprise I chose this mural. Next to the humming bird it reads “#last of my kind”, which is pretty sad…
5) I really liked the different perspective on this mural.
6) This was an awesome place, looked like some type of fantasy world. I wanted to live in it!!! It’s called Plant the Future, by Paloma Teppa.
7) Colorful pretty ladies.
8) Another beautiful piece by _Faith47 that pictures can’t capture the full effect. It can be seen in the Wynwood Walls.
9) Basquiat portrait by Kobra.
10) And to end a perfect art filled day, nothing like cats and ice cream.